SBC’s Collagen Day & Night Cream was awarded Best Moisturiser, a category which was littered with the ‘who’s who’ brands of the beauty world. This rich and balanced cream contains a powerful combination of nourishing shea butter, luxurious sweet almond oil, vitamin-rich Kukui Seed Oil and exotic Passion Flower oil. Helping to hydrate, smooth and soften dry, dehydrated and mature skin.
Two awards were won by two luxurious products from the ‘Hero’ Collagen Collection. The nourishing Collagen Hand & Body Lotion won the Best Hand Cream accolade. Not only will this beautiful youth-renewing, moisturising hand and body lotion soften, it will replenish the skin with its unique source of Collagen, known as Oceagen®. –
First up was the fabulous Body Firming Gel which beat stiff competition to win Best Body Product. It’s invigorating and moisturising properties, help to firm, smooth and restore skin radiance, with its natural ingredients, Red Algae and Wild Geranium extract, coffee and Red Grape.
Two Queens of Egypt, Cleopatra and Nefertiti, apparently used Aloe Vera to keep their skin soft! So, if it’s good for royalty, then it’s certainty good for us! Find out more about Aloe Vera and more importantly, how it can help your skin…
Aloe Vera is a cactus plant from the Asphodelaceae family whose leaves secrete a clear gel rich containing mucopolysaccarides (which help produce an anti-inflammatory called histamine). Aloe Vera is generally believed to originate from North Africa. The scientific name for Aloe Vera is Aloe Barbadensis, while the Egyptians called it “the plant of immortality”.
How is it used?
Aloe Vera sap is used in skincare preparations ranging from facial cleansers to body moisturisers to soaps and gels, and is most widely known for its use in after-sun or post-hair removal care products due to its hydrating, soothing and cooling benefits for traumatised skin.
Aloe Vera contains flavonoids, which are antioxidants and help to rid the body of free radicals, which can damage healthy skin cells. It can also help reduce the signs of ageing, as Aloe Vera promotes the restoration and preservation of skin. The skin cells responsible for manufacturing collagen are called Fibroblasts, and these are stimulated by Aloe Vera. Collagen is a protein that is incredibly important to the elasticity and structure of the skin and vitamins C and E which are present in Aloe Vera can improve the skin’s natural firmness.
Aloe Vera acts as an anti-inflammatory. It is often used as a topical treatment to soothe and heal damaged skin, most often on burns, blisters, razor burn, rashes, insect bites and sunburn. It penetrates the skin to supply moisture directly to the tissue, easing dryness and protecting and relaxing skin to relieve sensitivity, sunburn and over-exposure to environmental elements. It also helps to soothe acne. Aloe Vera can be used directly from the plant on your inflamed skin, or in Aloe Vera skincare products in gel and cream forms. To help make the products extra soothing on your irritated skin, store them in the refrigerator to keep them nice and cool.
Aloe Vera also has antibacterial properties, when applied to the skin, it can help fight off bacterial infections and used topically, can help scrapes and cuts to heal quickly.
Although Aloe Vera is around 99% water, the remaining 1% is highly powerful as it contains close to 100 ingredients which can be grouped into the following categories: Vitamins, Minerals, Sugars, Enzymes, Lignins, Amino Acids, Anthraquinones, Saponins, Fatty Acids and Salicylic Acid.
With all these ingredients, Aloe Vera is surging with skincare benefits! It’s an emolliating, hydrating, healing, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory skincare hero. The most important ingredients found in Aloe Vera are minerals, polysaccharides, amino acids, carbohydrates and antioxidants including beta carotene, Vitamins C and E, while its 99% water content, makes Aloe Vera an exceptional moisturiser. Due to its gentle nature, Aloe Vera is well suited and can be applied to all manner of skin types.
Nurturing and hydrating, SBC’s Aloe Vera Collection is soothing and cooling for the skin and is suitable for all the family. These exceptional soothing agents provide relief for windburn, sunburn and overheated skin.
British skincare brand SBC, have poured their expertise, passion, dedication and extensive knowledge into its collections, inspired by nature’s most potent and active forces.